eCheck Online Casinos List for 2017
eCheck casinos offer Canadian players an alternative payment method for those people not wanting to reveal their credit card details to the online casinos site or don’t want to start opening up e-wallet accounts and having to remember extra passwords. Essentially a digital version of paper checks they offer the same robust banking infrastructure as paper checks with the convenience of digital technology. For our list of the best eCheck casino sites for Canadians see our table below
What is an eCheck?
An echeck is a digital version of the old paper cheques you used to keep in your wallet / handbag to make payments. The same information that is stored on your check (bank number, account number, name of bank etc.) is inputted into the online casino’s banking section to create a ‘virtual’ cheque. The funds are then transferred over the clearing network and deposited into the online casino’s own bank account.
How does the eCheck casino payment process work?
eCheck casino payments mirrors the process of paper cheques but are done electronically and thus much quicker
1) Player authorizes the transaction – in the case of making a deposit at an online casino this means going to the banking section/module, then clicking on eCheck and inputting the data required
2) Following authorization the payment info is sent to an online payment processor, normally a gateway such as PayPal or specialized payment processor.
3) The payment information is submitted over the clearing network by the processor
4) The payment is taken from the player’s checking account, the payment gateway then sends receipt of payment to the player’s email account with the funds then deposited into the casino’s account after both bank accounts have ‘cleared ‘ the funds
Just like a paper check the funds are not automatically deposited into your casino player account as the echeck payment needs to be cleared by both your bank and the casino’s bank
What are the advantages of depositing at an eCheck online casino?
There are a number of good reasons to use an eCheck casino depending upon your personal banking preferences
1) Robust Banking Infrastructure: Regulations governing eChecks are based upon cheque laws and thus offer the same consumer protections – such as stop payments as paper checks but in electronic form. You get a digital trance of your checks
2) Security and Privacy: eChecks employs state of the art digital security techniques to ensure the complete security of your checking bank details online. Methods used include:
- Public key Labcryptography
- Digital signatures
- Certificate authorities
- Duplicate detection
3) Set Up Ease: Unlike an e-wallet such as Neteller which needs to be set up and a user/password created etc, or a pre-paid card such as Paysafe which needs to be purchased everyone has a checking / current account. All you need to make a deposit at an online casino accepting echeck is your checking bank account details
Bottom Line on eCheck Casinos
If you don’t have or don’t want to set up an e-wallet, or don’t want to provide your credit card details online to your chosen casino then eCheck can neatly fit your banking needs. It offers one of the safest and secure payment methods whilst being very simple to use, you just need your basic checking bank account details. Choose from one of our eCheck accepting casinos and start playing today